Thursday, April 03, 2008

Be Careful What You Wish For


Yes, silly me made a wish to get more clients and more work. I had a good reason for the wish, though. Medicare, in it's infinate lack of wisdom, dropped all of my health insurance despite me being classified in the "poverty" level of the national tax bracket. I need to double what I made last year in order to pay for my health insurance. So twice the work and it will be all spent -- on health insurance.

So I made my little wish to the universe.

And, of course, I'm now up to my seventh chakra in assignments. In one sense, it's nice to be busy. It keeps me from going postal over the cost of health insurance. But on the other hand, it means I can't do fun things like rant on here much anymore. Or sleep, for that matter.

In better news, I had two stories published in one week. Cataclysm Class is currently being ignored over at The Lorelei Signal and A Hero For Bobo is pissing people off over at Every Day Fiction.

Back to work. It's good for my health.

2 comments:

Kevin Shamel said...

Cataclysm Class is my favorite story of the year so far.

A Hero For Bobo is not, but I like it a lot anyway.

I think our Health and Welfare system is not just a joke, but a tool to destroy the poor of our country.

I'm a fan of yours now.

~~Kevin

RenaSherwood said...

Cheers, Kevin. I hope I can live up to your expectations with my next published story -- whenever that turns out to be!

Personally, I think the healthcare system is set up to make sure that 90% of the population is too sick to rise up against the richest (and healthiest) 10%.

But still, ya gotta laugh...