Saturday, November 05, 2011

Going to See Short Peter Gabriel Concert in New York City


Somehow I seem to have won a pair of virtual tickets to see Peter Gabriel and the latest incarnation of the New Blood Orchestra on the "Live at Letterman" music series. There was a very brief contest on for the forum members at petergabriel.com. Thanks to Adam at Real World for not forgetting about PG fans who dislike Facebook contests (or who are like me and are, erm, banned from PG's Facebook page.)

I got the good news on Wednesday, Nov 1 bit still haven't received my virtual ticket via email. If you're in the same boat I am in, emails will most likely not go out until Monday, Nov. 7.

There's been a few contests for these free (!) tickets on the Internet. You can only get in through these contests or by other sundry channels. You cannot purchase tickets through any outlet, even from The Late Show with David Letterman. The entire audience capacity at the Ed Sullivan Theatre is 1200, but this concert may be only 400 seats. Well, we'll find out when we get there.

Concert starts at 9pm but all ticket holders or "production guests" (ie -- your name is on the guest list) need to be at the Ed Sullivan Theater by 8pm sharp. We will NOT be getting in to the David Letterman show taped earlier that day, even Peter Gabriel is the guest musical artist.

Here's also the official Terms and Conditions for winning a coveted seat from Real World or whomever. Click over here to Real World's page. I'm sorry, but all constests are over. They were popping up so quick and entry time was so soon (and with me trying to figure out my unexpected NYC trip) I just did not have the time to post them all up.

Roll on Wednesday!

No comments: