Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Peter Gabriel Touring with a Band in North America 2012

... including Philadelphia on 21 September!  He's also hitting Las Vegas (where I guess hitting is the operative word), the Hollywood Bowl and Red Rocks at Colorado.

The Back to Front tour is in celebration of the 25th (or it 26th?) release of the monster hit album So.  Gabriel is hoping to reunite all of the band members from the This Way Up tour of 1986 & 1987.  Apparently, Tony Levin (the bassist)  is a yes. (PHEW!)  I'd love to see Manu Katche on drums backing PG again, but rumor is that he's having back problems, so it's most likely that Ged Lynch may be on the sticks.

There are barely any details being released other then where and when the gigs are and that Ticketbastard -- er, Ticketmaster seems to be in charge of the tickets again.  You will need a password to get into the pre-sale.  There will be soundchecks and soundcheck ticket packages for most of the gigs.  Check out Petergabriel.com for all of the latest tidbits.

I'm really grateful that Real World made this announcement now while I am freaking out about my Mom having to go under the knife for a knee replacement in less than 48 hours.  Tickets for the Philly show go on sale 5 days after she gets her first dose of painkillers.  I figure out that by the time the drugs wear off, it'll be nearly a month after the Peter Gabriel concert.  And THEN she'll kill me when she finds out how many hundreds of dollars I dropped down for just one ticket.

Well, I've packed a lot of living into my 42 years.  At least I'll die with a smile on my face.

No comments: