Thursday, August 30, 2012

Don't. Fucking. Care.

Yipperdoodle, the photo shows just  about how I'm doing.  My health has gone down as my Mom's health has improved.  I think my body is like the car at the end of The Blues Brothers.  Once Mom started getting better, my body just fell apart.

Later this month I get to see Peter Gabriel in concert and I'm actually not looking forward to it.  This is due an increase in migraines.  Nothing like attending a rock concert with a thumping migraine to make you be acutely aware of your mortality.

I had hoped that if Mom got better, I could go back to freelance writing.  Well, that hasn't happened.  I can't get paying clients (for some reason they all want me to work for free.)  It's gotten so I don't even WANT to write any more.  If I don't get paid for it, doesn't seem much of a point. 

I don't know how long I'll keep up my blogs since I don't make any money off of them.  I've already cut back on posting.  I'm spending most of my "free" time reading.  Since Peter Gabriel seems to be retiring (or not putting out any more albums)  there goes the overriding theme of this blog.  That's the second time this has happened.  The first time was when I realized that there wasn't a god and I became an atheist. 

It was much easier losing my faith in god than losing my faith in Peter Gabriel.

2 comments:

Majic said...

Keep blogging! Making money out of something isn't validation of its importance. You don't know the value of your blog to your soul - it's yours, rather than a contracted piece of work that belongs to the piper who pays for it.Your blog is the reason that you are now getting paid work (and hurrah for that - you deserve it!). And just because people don't always comment, doesn't mean that they don't read it and become inspired. In fact, you have inspired me to resume my blog too. So there.

RenaSherwood said...

Thank you.