Sunday, September 23, 2012
The soundcheck and concert on 9/21/2012 at Philadelphia's Wells Fargo Center turned out to be a lot of fun and much more musically interesting than I expected. There were about 100 people at the soundcheck, so no chance of meeting PG this time around.
But bassist, blogger and photographer Tony Levin (PG's preferred bassist) did an extra-special something for fans. He started this habit years ago, so it won't be news for long-time Tony Levin, Peter Gabriel or King Crimson fans. Tony takes photos during the performance and often takes audience shots. Personally, I think if you are in the same frame with Peter Gabriel un an untouched image, it counts as getting your picture taken with PG.
Tony put a whole page of his Philly concert experience up on his long-running blog. Papa Bear Records. I'm in a few of the shots. I was wearing my raven T-shirt (until Sledgehammer started, then the shirt was tossed off) because my nickname on the web since 1998 used to be "rraven" (yes -- with two "r"s) My favorite photo is one of PG standing at the mike and my face can be seen a little below his black-clad buttocks. There's an epitaph.
More details after I recover. And -- miracle of miracles! Praise Peter Gabriel! -- I picked up a couple of new clients and I've been too busy writing to go into a longer concert review now. Rest assured, any readers having tickets to Peter Gabriel's Back to Front tour are in for a treat. Be sure to bring at least $40 in spending money if you want drinks and a program, though.
Monday, September 17, 2012
Free Ticket Giveaway By Real World
This was announced on PG's Facebook page last week, but the link wasn''t working so idiot me thought I'd been blocked from entering as I'd been blocked from commenting. (Yeah, I smell the sarcasm -- like PG's staff has so little to do that they know who I am. I'm fully aware of that, thank you.)
Anyway, there are only three shows as prizes for the sweepstakes -- Boston, Red Rocks (Colorado) and the Santa Barbara Bowl in California. You are responsible for your own transportation, accommodation, sanitation, etc-ation. I entered for Boston and fully expect to lose. You're welcome, Eventual Lucky Bastard Winner!
This Is the Picture
Holy hand grenade, Batman! With Quebec City down, this means that I've only five more days until attending Peter Gabriel's soundcheck and gig at Philadelphia. Well -- hopefully attending, anyway. This electronic ticket thing is nerve-wracking. I've also started a new medication this month which makes me sleep about 13 ours a day (yes day -- I'm up most of the night now. Hmmm.)
Usually, anyone purchasing a Peter Gabriel soundcheck/concert/T shirt package gets all of the info about when to show up and what identification to bring and what not at least a full week before the gig. Not this time. Well, at least the paranoia on concert day should keep me wide awake. That and the migraines. Oh, it'll be a swell time. Nothing like a throbbing migraine at a rock concert to get intimate with one's own mortality. I think that was a line cut out from Shakespeare's first draft of The Tempest.
Wednesday, September 12, 2012
I haven't been writing over here so much because:
- Petergabriel.com and the world's best bassist Tony Levin are doing better jobs than I am of posting the latest Peter Gabriel news (PG is currently in Quebec)
- I've started a new psych med called mirtazipine
- I'm eating more because of the mirtazapine -- and more -- and more -- and if I don't knock it off soon I'm going to wake up in a dark alley with nothing but a bag of refined granular sugar and a spoon.
- I found some work helping a Groupon partner over at Independent Publishing (Go get 'em, freelance writers!) Writer's Access also seems to be getting more clients recently.
- Still goofing around on Pinterest
- Revamped my sleep and dream blog, Dreaming of Peter. I've now made a grand total of a nickel in Google Ads from it. Hey -- when I dream, I dream big.
- Eating because of the mirtazipine
- Sleeping more 'cause of the mirtawhatsahooey
- Busy removing the spam from this blog (oy -- if I didn't have a consciousness, I'd probably be making a fortune writing for spammers.)
- Trying to avoid the upcoming Presidential election.
So, what am I doing to psych myself up for the concert? Listening to David Bowie on YouTube, of course. Here's a tune I can't get out of my head so I'll inflict you with it. Until next time;