Sunday, August 11, 2013

My Jeremy Brett and Peter Gabriel Music Videos

My apologies for the self-indulgent nature of this particular blog post, but I need a convenient place to stick up all of my Jeremy Brett as Sherlock Holmes set to Peter Gabriel songs music videos. (One day I'll come up with a catchy but shorter description. One day.) I do have a YouTube channel but YouTube is crankier than Blogger. With these videos, I selected scenes from The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes based on the following criteria:

  • Does the clip follow the music in some way (illustrates lyrics or moves to the beat)?
  • Does the clip somehow look as if it could be in a real Peter Gabriel video?
  • Do I like the clip?
  • Damn it, doesn't Jeremy Brett look good?
I've only done seven (eight?) of these little music videos and may not be able to do any more. That's not my choice. It's damn Windows Movie Maker. I tried making a video to PG's "Intruder" and crashed the computer. 

Anyway, here are the videos in chronological order from oldest to newest.  The songs done are Waterloo Sunset, Heroes, Whole Thing and My Body is a Cage.  Enjoy.

 
 
 
 
And here's the fifth, Burn You Up, Burn You Down.  I think I might finally be getting the hang of this.
 
 
And numbers 6 and 7, set to The Book of Love (where we actually get to see the title of the book of love) and Gethsemane respectively.
 
 
 
And here's number 8, set to Peter Gabriel's version of Leonard Cohen's Suzanne.
 

No comments: